Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Photo Challenge '07

Until I have some chilluns of my own, I'll have to be content messing around with photos of all the other kids in my life. (You know who you are, ya little squirts. Cute as buttons, every last one of you!) Knowing how much I'm enjoying learning how to use Photoshop and finding herself with a couple of recent photos that needed tweaking, Carol tasked me with a project. Fun! My assignment, if I chose to accept it, was to erase some unsightly and distracting elements from two otherwise delightful photos. The first one was easy: Get rid of that ugly eave. See him there at the top? He needed to go. So long! (I also brightened up E and her grandparents, since they were looking a little murky.) The next one posed a more interesting challenge, since it involved erasing a pole over a varied and textured background. It took some doing, but now you see it... ...and now you don't. And while I was at it, I got rid of those distracting little tufts of pine needles in the upper right corner, erased some little boo-boos on E's arm, and adjusted the color levels. Have another challenge for me, anyone? Bring it on.

3 comments:

Plain Jane said...

You're amazing!! I knew I assigned this to the right person.

Kellyry said...

OH MY GOODNESS! That's amazing! And noone would ever know if you didn't tell them. I'm impressed.

I'll be on the lookout for photos in need of fixing.

b said...

That's INCREDIBLE. How did you do that? Ok, you are taking PSíng to an entirely different level. Dorky amateurs like me feel cool adjusting brightness, contrast and color.

You could actually make a living doing this. Well done!