Wednesday, January 23, 2008

What I've Been Doing Instead of Blogging

  1. Having the stomach flu.
  2. Attending Jacob's first birthday party and being thrilled that our little stuffed lion was his favorite present of the day.
  3. Celebrating Kelly's graduation from APU. Woohoo!
  4. Being sick again.
  5. Learning to say "Praise God" when I mean it without feeling like a holy roller.
  6. Missing being with Carol on her birthday (but still being grateful that she'll always be older than me).
  7. Celebrating a low-key Christmas with family in Long Beach.
  8. Ringing in the new year and turning 34 (egads) with the Morrises, who spoiled me with thoughtful gifts and yummy food.
  9. Spending a small fortune on office visit copays and prescription drugs.
  10. Staring at pictures of Elaine and her new baby sister, Natalie.
  11. Developing an addiction to Wii "Dance, Dance Revolution." Yes, really.
  12. Planning a trip to Portland for February. Yay!
  13. Keeping up with the blogs of friends, friends of friends, and strangers and thinking about how much more interesting my own blog would be if I had a kid, a pet, a hobby, a fascinating job, or was Mormon and crafty.
  14. Missing Friend.
  15. Oh yeah, getting sick--again--and spending literally an entire week in bed.
  16. Falling more in love than ever with Audrey.
  17. Using enough Kleenex to overflow a landfill.
  18. Missing my husband while he was in Baltimore on business. (Note to murderers, rapists, and robbers who might stumble upon this blog: He's back now, so I'm no longer afraid of you.)
  19. Fielding questions about why I haven't been blogging.
  20. Wondering why I no longer seem to have any interest in blogging.
  21. Slowly coming to the realization that I have a responsibility to the four people who meander over to this little corner of the web on a regular basis, hoping to find some inane and useless commentary from me. I will try to do better. I promise.

5 comments:

Kellyry said...

Oh. My. GOSH.

Boo to the sickness! Yeah to my graduation party!

Welcome back!!

Molly W. said...

HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!!! (that is likely spelled wrong but you get the point). WELCOME BACK DENISE! You just made my day!! (see, wasn't that easy? :))

b said...

Finally!

Becky said...

Hey Denise!
I love your blog (so count me as a regular reader). I'm not very good at updating my blog either...I've been throwing up for seven weeks, so I figure no one wants to read about that nor do I want to write about it.
I hope you feel better now!!
More blogs please :-)
Becky

Ginger...blue skies tomorrow said...

UMMM Count it as 5!