Monday, February 25, 2008

Barry ManILo(w)veMyHusband

Maybe you think that your husband/wife/boyfriend/girlfriend loves you more than my husband loves me, but I'm here to tell you that you're wrong. So wrong. For Valentines Day Matt surprised me with tickets to see Barry Manilow (I love you, Barry!!!) at the Staples Center. I couldn't have been more thrilled. Glow sticks were handed out. Then promptly waved in the air with excitement and anticipation as the lights went down. And then, Barry was among us, bathed in a cloud of smoke. He writes the songs that make the whole world sing, you know. Thank you, Bug, for the wonderful gift. I love you!

4 comments:

Kellyry said...

And Matt doesn't even LIKE Barry! What a trouper, what a sacrifice, what a great guy!

DeniseMarie said...

Yes, you're right--the sweetest part about this story is that Matt actively DISlikes Barry (although how he can justify that, I don't know). While I balanced on the edge of my seat and wove my glow stick like a madwoman until all the text had worn off of it, Matt sat back politely and stifled yawns discreetly. But what matters is that he was there beside me, sharing the moment and being happy for my happiness. He even tapped his foot a few times. He might deny it, but I saw it with my own two eyes.

b said...

As stated 1 billion times: I am SOOO envious. But, true friend that you are, at least you brought us a glow stick. And as God is my witness, Audrey slept with it clenched in her baby hand.

Molly W. said...

Ahh, way to go Matt!! Love the glow stick shot. :) Glad you had such a good time Denise.