Thursday, February 7, 2008

Super Bowl Blowout, aka Germapalooza 2008

Sunday afternoon, 7 innocent friends and 2 lovely babies gathered in our home to 1) stuff our faces with dips and chili cheese dogs, 2) imbibe, 3) gab, and 4) watch the Super Bowl (in that order, just about). Much fun was had by all, especially Jacob who had a ball showing off his stair-climbing abilities . . . . . . Matt, who just loves having his picture taken (can't you tell?) . . . . . . B, who managed to enjoy a quiet reading moment with her baby . . . . . . Audrey, who discovered that loving on Jacob made all the adults in the room fall into fits of oohing and awing . . . . . . and Denise who could hardly contain herself, having not one but TWO footie-pajamaed cuties in her house. But as we all laughed and munched and cheered for the Giants, little did we know that an enemy was in our midst. THE AFTERMATH (can you guess who was the epicenter of germiness?): Note for future post topic: Why was B spared? Is she an alien from another planet?

4 comments:

Kellyry said...

This may just be the most HILARIOUS post EVER! LMAO.

I think B was scared cause in reality, though it may seem as though I was the carrier, do remember that B was sick just last week...And somehow she escaped it all? Very interesting...

(And if B denies this I'm sure I can come up with a reasonable rebuttal that will trump her argument. :-)

Kellyry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
b said...

1.)My illness last week was a cold, during which time I ABSTAINED from all social gatherings so as to possibly contaminate anyone. (BTW-this is very possibly the same cold that you and Mike have suffered for the past month.)

2.) Last year on Super Bowl Sunday, I was just getting over a flu and resisted repeated exhortations from the friends hosting the party to come--despite my insistence that I not potentially contaminate anyone. Yes, I stayed home, while my husband went and ate dip and chips. I resisted the peer-pressure, but that's just how I am. Not all of us are that strong, mentally. Some of us just tend to be intimidated by peer 'encouragement'--and especially that of male friends. Not that anyone like that would become a therapist or anything.

HILARIOUS posting, Dean. Kelly: you are like that ebola-carrying monkey in 'Outbreak.' I've got 2 people to care for now; if I get sick, you're dead.

Molly W. said...

1. Denise-you are hilarious 2. I've been sick as a dog all week and now my sweet little girl has it too. sigh....I'm SO over this crap.