Monday, February 4, 2008

R-E-S-P-E-C-T

I know I should be glad that my chauvinistic and nearly 80-year-old boss likes me. He dotes on me, gives me privileges he wouldn't extend to anyone else, and for the most part lets me do what I want. But along with that I have to accept that he views me as a granddaughter, needing his constant protection and interference so that I don't get trampled in this mean old working world. I swear, sometimes he has to restrain himself from patting my head and pinching my cheeks. Today he actually told me--no joke--not to "worry [my] pretty little head" about something. As I told Matt later, I wanted to strangle him to death with my bra strap. I may pull the "I'm a delicate flower" act with my husband all the time, but at work? Not so much.

2 comments:

Molly W. said...

I say milk it though...it can only be beneficial in the day to day stuff right? Albeit annoying at times, I think the alternative is worse. You KILL ME Denise... :)

Kellyry said...

Oh, "Schmeo"...you are a piece of work! If someone said that to me I think I may actually have laughed outloud assuming they were joking.