Thursday, March 20, 2008

Ok, Ok. I'm Back. Again.

I know. I've let you down again. Blogging just hasn't had any appeal to me lately, despite the fact that many things have happened to blog about. We went to Portland and had a lovely little vaca. My sweet husband celebrated a birthday. I got (and still am) sick AGAIN. We visited my parents out in the boonies and actually had snow. A whole mess of happy, exciting things (minus the sickness part)! But somehow the inspiration and motivation to blog any of it has eluded me. Perhaps answering Molly's personal tag will jump start me back into it.

10 years ago I was...
Just starting work at my current job--and thinking it would be a "temporary stepping off point" to something else. Sigh.

5 things on my "to do" list today:
1. grocery shopping
2. lunch meeting with a printer
3. 1 hour total on the treadmill (1/2 hour already done this morning!)
4. pour gallons of Liquid Plummer down the shower drain
5. going to bed early because I didn't get enough sleep last night and as a result I'm a Cranky McCrankerton

5 things I would do if I became a billionaire:
1. Invest for ourselves and loved ones so that their material needs on this earth would always be met
2. Donate anonymously to various causes and individuals
3. Start a not-for-profit business of some kind so that I could invest energy into something I care about
4. Have one of those whole body scans done where they examine all your organs for traces of disease, so that I can stop obsessing about the tiniest ailments
5. Buy a quaint, moderately-sized house somewhere lovely and live a modest, quiet life

3 of my bad habits:
1. Procrastinating
2. Worrying
3. Laziness

5 places I've lived:
1. San Dimas, CA
2. Glendora, CA
3. Lake Arrowhead, CA
4. Waco, TX
5. Covina, CA

5 jobs I've had:
1. Editor
2. Assistant to a successful and uber-rich yet mean, nasty, and hateful investment banker
3. Counselor at a boarding school for kids with emotional and behavioral problems
4. Barista
5. Assistant in a medical office

Things that most people don't know about me:
1. I'm still madly in love with and terribly sentimental about my childhood stuffed animal, Teddy 2. I can't resist any WE or Lifetime tv movie--especially Christmas-themed ones
3. When I was in jr. high I was obsessed with reading fiction books about kids with cancer
4. I'm afraid of fish tanks
5. I once quit a job after my very first day of work (one word for you: retail)

4 comments:

Kellyry said...

So...your fascination about children's battles with cancer....Let's talk about that. Does it represent your own fear of mortality?

;-)

Molly W. said...

YEAH a new post! If I'd known all it would take was a tag I would've done it ages ago! :) I am right there w/ ya on the lifetime movies..man they suck me in every time! Thanks for playing Denise. :)

Plain Jane said...

Wow! I really didn't know number 3 - children with cancer? I do know that you have (or had) a strange fascination with conjoined twins.

Glad you're posting!! Made my day!

b said...

Mike and I are laughing so hard right now. Kids with cancer? I actually do think I remember you mentioning that...