Tuesday, October 2, 2007

A Brilliant Idea

In an effort to expose a new generation of moviegoers to old movie classics, some organization or other (their website blows goats and gives very little info) has instituted "Old Movies for Young People"--a program that will show one classic film every Tuesday night for the next 6 months. The showings are at the AMC Century City, and reservations are required. The first showing is tonight when they'll be screening 1955's Mister Roberts starring Henry Fonda and James Cagney.

4 comments:

Kellyry said...

I've never been a fan of old movies, despite the iconic nature of many of them. They just seem so cheesy and overacted (though I imagine people in 50 years or so will say the same things about our current movies). And everyone has this random upper-crust, almost-British accent. It's strange.

Kellyry said...

PS. I know I'm a disappointment to you in this area, D.

Kellyry said...

:-D

Molly W. said...

I'm longing for an updated post Denise....I count on you to entertain me more than weekly! :)