Friday, June 15, 2007

Snipped

Well, 7 inches of hair are gone, hoorah! I went with cut #3 from my last post, but I wanted a bit more length so it had to be modified a little. I'm happy with it and feel so much lighter and summery, but I'm already thinking I might go shorter and more true to the original picture next time. (Unfortunately, the shot that best shows the haircut has terrible lighting--sorry.) In reponse to B and Kell's comments to the last post about European vs. American cutting, I know exactly what you're talking about and I agree completely. Something about American cutting is so......rounded, bowl-like, pageboy-edge-like. Today I told Connie that I wanted the ends to be "weightless" and "flippy-outty without being cutesy Doris Day flip." I think she got the cut pretty close, but she did style me in the salon with a total '50s flip all around. I came home and straight ironed out the curl and was much happier.

9 comments:

Kellyry said...

SO CUTE! It looks weightless and shaggy, in a good way of course. :-)

Kellyry said...

PS. And might I say, very slimming in the face?

DeniseMarie said...

Yay for anything that gives the illusion of slimness....or at least slimmer-ness.....

b said...

OHHHHHHHHHHH my gosh. SO adorable. Does, actually, indeed, look like the picture! And yes, very slimming too!

Was this Connie's work?

b said...

P.S. You are GORGEOUS. Seriously, look at that profile. I don't think I've ever really seen you that way.

WOOOOW.

b said...

Like, model stunning.

Stop me. I can't seem to shut up.

b said...

I'm talking your face, your features, your look.

Don't get me wrong--your haircut is hot, and you've always been beautiful, but you are freakin' gorgeous.

b said...

Have you always been this gorgeous or is this love?

Ok, I'll stop now. But I am 100% sincere.

Matt said...

I'm the luckiest guy in the world!