Saturday, April 5, 2008

Goodbye, Hello

Hello, mid-1990s dining room light fixture. Maybe at some point people thought you were fashionable, but I think now is the appropriate time for me to be honest and tell you the truth: I never liked you. Sure, you provided a nice little breeze on a hot summer afternoon or when the oven was on. But how can I put this delicately? Hmm, I can't. Because the truth is you're butt ugly, and it was high time for you to go. Goodbye. Good riddance. Now....hello, lovely! Don't you want to come over and eat with us now?

5 comments:

Plain Jane said...

Wow - what a change. Love it!

Kellyry said...

Gorgeous! What a difference it makes to the overall effect.

Molly W. said...

Oopps, I commented on this on the last post on accident...YAY new fixture!!

b said...

Amazing transformation! But I would still come over and eat with you guys even if you had a cruddy florescent light fixture hanging above a rickety card table and served me leftovers from your fridge on cheap paper plates, and drinks out of the can. Cause we love you like that.

Molly W. said...

I keep waiting for a fabulous looking meal to be served under this new fixture! :)
(PS I wish I was talented enough to make that stuff but no, a bakery made the cake, cookies, and petits fors (sp?))