Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Jeepers, Creepers

I've long been a fan of P-Dub, and it was the amazing photography on her site (as well as the fact that she taught herself to take these awe-inspiring shots within a year of owning her camera) that inspired me to eventually invest in my now beloved Nikon D40. Anyhoo, I've always wanted to try out her Photoshop trick for making eyes pop. Problem is, I didn't have any good pictures of anyone's baby blues or browns or...you get the idea. So the other day my dear friend, Kelly (one of the most gorgeous women I know--inside and out), agreed to let me take some shots of her stunning hazel peepers. They were already striking straight out of the camera, but then I applied Pioneer Woman's eye tricks, and voila! Beautiful, beautiful girl.

5 comments:

Kellyry said...

Crop #1, delete #2, keep #3. Thank you very much and have a nice day. :-)

PS. When did I get bags under my eyes? Is it cause I'm getting older? Cause I'm fat? Cause I was especially tired that day?

DeniseMarie said...

What is it in #1 that you want cropped away? As for #2, I like that one the most and certainly will not delete it. You look so thoughtful and genuine and confident and smart--all the things that you ARE. And I'm glad you like the third one, as I love it too. It makes me want to reach into the monitor and hug you. As for your "bags," I don't think you have any. That's just normal, healthy, unwrinkled tissue under your eyes. True bags are lower, deeper, bigger, and a horrible color. I know because I had one under my right eye this morning and had to spend a considerable amount of time applying concealer to make it disappear. Thank God for Bobbi Brown. Hallelujah and amen.

Kellyry said...

I think I need a hug after seeing #2 and having to face the reality that I look like a weird dork.

XOXO!

Molly W. said...

I agree...beautiful inside and out!

b said...

Interesting how different perceptions can be....

Gorgeous: subject and work!