Friday, May 16, 2008

Sequestered

Today M and I are stuck upstairs all day while our first floor is totally transformed by the installation of new laminate flooring. Goodbye to the old, stained ivory carpet. Hooray! Farewell strange mystery stain that appeared out of nowhere in the living room. So long horrible eyesore created that infamous day when I dropped a bottle of orange oil cleaner onto the rug and then scrubbed it in vain so long and so vigorously that the carpet stretched and developed a wrinkle. Arg. And adios embarrassing transition from the kitchen into the dining room. You've been hidden under a throw rug so long I almost forgot you were there. Almost. And lest we forget the spot that started it all, hello tear in the linoleum. Nice knowing you.

The two downsides to this day are 1) it's supposed to be 103 today and we're stuck upstairs and can't use the a/c because all the doors and windows are open downstairs, and 2) I have to find someway to entertain myself up here all day long. Here are my various plans and projects:

  • Nap
  • Go to Home Depot and get supplies to transform an old corkboard into a chalkboard for the kitchen
  • Make a dent in my stack of Netflix movies, including 27 Dresses and The Business of Being Born
  • Did I say nap?
  • Update my 3six5 photos before Kelly kicks me out of the club
  • Post periodic updates of the floor installation
  • Bug Matt and keep him from getting anything done (he's working from the home office today)

1 comment:

Kellyry said...

Hey! I've not actually SAID anything about your dismal contribution so far to Project 3six5. So unless you've gained mind-reading abilities in the last 7 or 8 days since your last submission, I'm not fessin' to anything!

Looking forward to seeing the new floors!