Wednesday, April 4, 2007

It's Mrs. Spacelady Now

Yes, friends, it is true. No, it wasn't some dream or fantasy: I am now a married woman. Perhaps 10 years or so later than I'd maybe envisioned as a young girl . . . but in this case it was absolutely worth the wait.

Amazingly enough, I remember just about everything from that day--from struggling to hold my eyes open while Jill applied eyeliner to the ticklish inner corners of my eyes, to putting on the dress and seeing the final touches come together as Cassandra placed that one last flower in my hair, to chatting with my dad to calm our nerves before walking out those big doors into the bright sunshine and the gaze of 120 of our closest friends and family, to how I felt as I spoke the vows uniting my life to Matt's forever (or as I often remind him, "Until we're dead!"), to being pleasantly surprised at just how tasty wedding chicken and mashed potatoes could be, to dancing with my new husband for the first time as my flip-flop clad feet slid around beneath me on the slick dancefloor, and greeting and hugging as many people as we could throughout the evening.

I'll have more to say in future posts, but for now I'm just happy and wanted to relive it all for just a moment before going back to work . . . .

2 comments:

Kellyry said...

Why, what cute place cards you made, Mrs. McCormick!

Matt said...

I want to go back and eat more of the cream puffs!