Saturday, July 7, 2007

Weeeeeeeee(ii)!

Look what we got! Yesterday morning I happened to be in the vicinity of a Best Buy just as it was opening. I thought, Oh, what the heck? May as well run in and have a little chat with whoever's working in the gaming department. Hopefully it will be an endearingly geekish clerk of the male persuasion with whom I can turn on the charm and who then, presumably, will tell me all he knows about how I [insert innocent twirl of hair here] might obtain a little thing known as a Wii.... So I went in, and guess who was there? Helloooo, Nader! Not only was Nader able to find out that a shipment of 3 Wiis was expected that night at his very store, in hushed tones he gave me a specific protocol to follow in order to maximize my chances of being one of the lucky three to bring one of those babies home that very night! I heart Nader. So at 9:30 last night Matt and I trekked over to the Best Buy store, headed straight for the gaming section, and then Matt made himself scarce while I turned on the charm once more--this time with a strapping young fella by the name of George. Not five minutes later, guess who was holding a brand new Wii in her hot little hands? Yup, that would be me. This morning I came downstairs and had to get a shot of the living room. It was like Christmas morning down there, toys strewn all about.

2 comments:

Kellyry said...

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!

Can't wait to come over and play! :-D

So, what did you THINK of it? Did you like it as much as you expected?

DeniseMarie said...

Oh, yes! As Matt would say, we're "having all kinds of fun." Except I've already suffered my first Wii-related injury: A sore muscle (who knew??) in my left butt cheek from bowling. It's not going to help matters that tonight we're going to be going bowling tonight in the actual, physical sense.