Monday, July 2, 2007

A Wii Bit of Envy

Matt and I have decided we want to get a Wii. I want to be Big Brain Academized! I want to be a Cooking Mama! I want to bowl and play tennis and whatnot from the comfort of my air-conditioned living room, daggamit! We may be late to the game, but at least we're willing to play. Unfortunately, we came to this realization after all the available Wiis on the planet had already been snatched up by plucky go-getters like Esther and Scott. (For the record, I mean them no ill-will and actually like Esther and Scott a whole lot. I'm just saying. They're plucky....and go-getters....and obviously quicker spotters of trends.) There's not a single store in the greater Los Angeles area that has a Wii available for sale right now. We have been laughed at, I tell you--to our faces! One of Matt's coworkers told him she and her husband had to "go out of state" to get their's, like some shady international adoption or something. And now today Matt read an article that implied Nintendo won't be able to catch up with the demand until EARLY NEXT YEAR!! They obviously have no idea how flightly and finicky my desires are. I want instant gratification or I don't want it at all. So if any of you have any connections, relationships with industry insiders, black market operators, etc. pass on the info, please.

3 comments:

Kellyry said...

I'll email Scott who probably has a suggestion but I do know of people that have found them and they usually have to show up at ToysRUs or some other random game store before opening and wait in line. Im guessing that they somehow find out before hand, whether that store will have any to sell...I'll report back.

SO EXCITED YOU'RE GETTING A Wii! I want one too.

I assume you played it recently to see how much fun it is? You have to get Wario Bros. Smooth Moves too, its the best game on the planet. Cooking Mama is cool too. And tennis. I slam at tennis.

Kellyry said...

PS. Big Brain Academized looks so cool! I will have to get that one too someday.

DeniseMarie said...

Well, once we get ours you'll be welcome anytime to come play with us! Scott had some good suggestions. Something tells me we'll soon have Toys'R'Us on our speed dial.....